Monday, August 24, 2009

Google AdSense (AKA Internet Millions!)

So I went ahead and sold out my ideals...I decided to subscribe to Google's AdSense. Please let me know if they become overly obnoxious. Its kind of a continuation of a project that I started at the beginning of the year to see whether you can actually make money on the internet.

I started out with a Knowledge Network account. I had gotten an phone call from someone about it, so being curious, I agreed to participate. Basically, I receive an email every couple of days telling me that there is a survey available. The surveys take about 10 minutes to answer and generally relate to current event topics, like Healthcare, the economy, online activity, etc. For every survey, you receive 1000 points for participating (sometimes more). Each 1000 points is redeemable for a handful of prize drawings, or you can cash out points in increments of 25000 points (equal to $25). Having participated for about 8 months, I have cashed out $35 (and wasted a couple points on prize drawings). Along with this, I am also allowing Knowledge Networks to monitor my internet usage for 20000 points the first month and 15000 points quarterly thereafter. I realize that it may seem intrusive to some, but I figured that I might as well try to recoup some of the cost of my internet for doing nothing more than what I would normally do.

Regardless, I'll keep everyone posted on how well AdSense works out and also if I come across any other marginally legitimate means of making money on the internet. Let me know if you have any opinions one way or the other, or any comments that you'd like to make on your own experiences.

No comments: